5 Steps To Create a Highly Converting Marketing Funnel for Your Online Course or ProgramApr 16, 2022
If you're an online course creator, coach, consultant, or other kind of instructor, chances are you've heard of the term "marketing funnel." But what is a marketing funnel? And why do you need one for your online course?
In this blog post, we'll answer those questions and more.
What Is a Marketing Funnel?
A marketing funnel is a process that businesses use to turn prospects into customers. The funnel encompasses the entire journey that a customer takes from becoming aware of your business to becoming a paying customer.
Why Do You Need a Marketing Funnel?
If you're selling an online course, then you need a marketing funnel. That's because a marketing funnel will help you:
- Attract more leads/prospects to your online course
- Convert more prospects into paying customers
- Increase brand awareness and visibility
- Boost course sales and revenue
- And much more!
How to Create a Marketing Funnel
Now that you know what a marketing funnel is and why you need one for your online course, let's take a look at how to create one. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Define your target audience. Who do you want to sell your online course to?
- Craft an Irresistible Offer. What can you give your target audience that they will find irresistible?
- Create High-Quality Content. This could be blog posts, social media posts, video content, etc.
- Implement Lead Magnets and Call-to-Actions. A lead magnet is something that entices people to sign up for your email list (e.g., a free PDF guide). Once someone signs up for your email list, they should be taken to a landing page with a clear call-to-action (CTA) telling them what to do next (e.g., buy your online course).
- Nurture Your Leads With Email Marketing. Once someone opts into your email list, it's important to nurture those leads with valuable content until they're ready to buy your online course. At this stage of the marketing funnel, it's all about building trust and relationships with potential customers so that they see you as an authority figure in your industry/field.
Now, we're going to break down the 5 essential stages of a marketing funnel even further so that you can ensure you have all your bases covered before you launch your online course or program.
In the awareness stage, you want to make sure that your ideal customer is aware of your product or service. This is usually done through content marketing and SEO. You want to create blog posts, YouTube videos, social media posts, etc. that are geared towards your ideal customer and that answer their questions or solve their problems.
Once you've caught their attention and they're aware of your product or service, the next stage is interest. In this stage, you want to continue providing valuable content that educates your ideal customer about your product or service and how it can help them achieve their goals. You can do this through things like webinars, Lead Magnets, eBooks, etc.
After you've piqued their interest and they're considering your product or service as a solution to their problem, the next stage is consideration. In this stage, you want to provide even more valuable content that showcases the results your customers can expect by using your product or service. You can do this through things like testimonials, case studies, free trials/samples, etc.
Once they've considered your product or service and they're ready to make a purchase decision, the next stage is decision. This is where you provide pricing information and allow them to purchase your product or service. In this stage, you'll want to provide more 1-on-1 support in order to close the sale. You can do this through sales calls/emails/ webinars, etc.
This is where the customer becomes a paying customer and begins using your product or service to achieve their desired results. After they become a paying customer, it's important to continue providing value so that they remain a happy customer and continue using/purchasing from you in the future.
As you can see, there are 5 essential stages of a marketing funnel for online courses (or any type of online business really). Awareness, interest, consideration decision, and purchase/usage. It's important to have all these stages in place in order for potential students to become aware of your course, be interested in taking it, to finally make the decision to enroll. If any one of these steps are missing potential students will likely fall off and not enroll in your course.
If you're an online course creator who wants to boost sales and revenue, then you need a marketing funnel. A marketing funnel is a process that businesses use to turn prospects into customers—and it can do wonders for your online course business! Use the steps outlined in this blog post to create a marketing funnel for your online course today.
If you need more support implementing the steps we mentioned, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at [email protected].
I'm so glad that you found your way to my blog! I'm here to help you find exactly what you need. Click the button below to explore your options!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.